Now, I’ve been in love with the beautiful Portmeirion Botanic Blue range for quite some time now. So, I’m super excited to be talking about them today. The Botanic Blue collection by Portmeirion has a charming antique style reminiscent of a French antique toile fabric with soft blue floral motifs set against a fresh white background.
Featuring a delicate spot background and delightful scalloped edges, Botanic Blue makes a truly perfect gift. Use to serve and eat cakes and pastries at afternoon tea, these Botanic Blue Pastry Forks are simply adorable. And we love that they are designed at Portmeirion studios in Stoke on Trent, England.
Okay, they’re cute, but why do I need a pastry fork?
I’m here to tell you why pastry forks are a totally necessary resident in your silverware draw. Have you ever tried to hold a plate in one hand and cut a piece off that slice of cake with a regular fork? I have, and It’s not a pretty sight. It totally ruins the presentation, especially éclairs. Traditionally, a dessert spoon and dessert fork are used when eating such pastries as cream puffs and éclairs; the pastry is held in place with the spoon and cut and eaten with the fork. So the pastry fork is just perfect for keeping the creamy fillings from squirting out too much and keeping dessert spoons from languishing alone in the silverware drawer.
They’re also great conversation starters, awkward silences at tea time will be a thing of the past as your host regales you with an elaborate (and probably mostly fictional) account of how the pastry fork came to be, whilst you spend your mental capacities working out which tidbit is fact and which is fiction.
All in all, these are really pretty little forks, very slim and dainty. They make eating cake feel fancy, and shouldn’t that always be the case? They’re also very good value for the money and of course, the quality you would expect from Portmeirion.
We’re super excited to be able to offer our readers the chance to win their very own set of Portmeirion Botanic Blue Pastry Forks. All you have to do is enter via the rafflecopter form at the bottom of this article, good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 4th October 2017. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a set of Portmeirion Botanic Blue Pastry Forks.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.