1. Radwell Meadows Country Park in Hertfordshire is a beautiful country park perfect for a walk and a picnic. It has a wacky play area, too, great for bigger kids.
2. Explore the buggy-friendly paths and Gruffalo trail at Thorndon Country Park, Essex, before enjoying a barbecue or picnic in the dedicated area.
3. Pinner Memorial Park in Harrow is the perfect park for a family picnic. There’s a well-equipped play area, lots of ducks and an aviary, too.
4. The stunning gardens in the Lady Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park are the perfect spot for a summer picnic.
5. Southwark Park, London, is a busy, traditional park with lots of open space for ball games and a picnic.
6. Take a walk on the beach at Wirral Country Park, Merseyside, and then soak up the views while having your picnic or barbecue overlooking the Dee Estuary.
7. Queen Elizabeth’s Country Park in Hampshire is perfect for a special occasion or summer celebration. Take a picnic or hire a family hearth for a BBQ.
8. Peatlands Park in County Tyrone is a lovely park with many paths and wooden walkways to explore, and lots of picnicking options.
9. Enjoy at picnic in the lower part of Beacon Hill Country Park, Loughborough. Nearby, you’ll find delightful wooden sculptures and a natural play area to explore.
10. Market Bosworth Country Park, Leicestershire, has lots of space for ball games and kite flying. It’s perfect for a picnic or BBQ, too.