Organising an Awesome Family Christmas Part 17
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
Minimum maintenance. Encourage family members to pitch in and share the work. Delegate, delegate, delegate!
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Recycle wrapping paper.
- Write family thank-you notes.
- Plan low-cost, no-cost activities for kids. Whether it’s camping out under the Christmas tree or a drive to see Christmas lights, some mid-week events will keep sparkle in the season.
- Decorate for New Year’s.
- Make New Year’s resolutions.
- Set up a calendar for the new year.
- Take down remaining decorations. All good things have to end–and the visible Ghost of Christmas Past can be a real disincentive to an organised new year. Take down remaining holiday decor next week. You’ll see it again, next season!
- Take down fresh trees and greens, and deliver them to recycling.
- Store Christmas decorations.
- Set up a ‘lost Christmas box’ for stragglers. No matter how you scour the house, a few holiday items will always hide out in laundry, kitchen or corners. Give them a place to go with a holiday box: a designated container for any last holiday items you find. In a few weeks, take the box to the storage area for next year.
- Hold a Christmas debriefing. Get a head-start on next year’s planning–and avoid traps–with a quick debriefing session. High points or low, they’ll guide you next year.
- Mark your calendar for next year!