I know, I know, absolute insanity to be thinking about Christmas this early in the year, I quite agree. As my birthday is at the end of November, before I had a family of my own, I would not talk about such things until at least the 1st December. But, now I have a family of my very own, I’ll admit it, I’m one of those weirdos that has family Christmas all wrapped up before the beginning of October and let me tell you, the dirty looks are worth it because the feeling is priceless!
Planning ahead and doing a little bit at a time leaves a lot more time to enjoy the season and makes it a lot easier. You also can save money by shopping all year. If you’d like to hop aboard the crazy train with me, you’re more than welcome. Every Wednesday we’ll post a list of jobs that we’ll be working on that week in the hope of a peaceful and magical family Christmas.
Organising an Awesome Family Christmas Part 1
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
- De-clutter and clean creative spaces. Whether it’s a corner of the kitchen table or the spare room, this week it’s time to clean out your creative space
- Assess stored crafts materials. Time to head to the stash and take stock. Will you need to replace basics like tape, glue, paper or scissors?
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Create a seasonal calendar. Start a Christmas calendar to track celebrations and deadlines.
- Plan your Christmas travel. Start now so that you can get the cheapest options for plane tickets & hotel reservations.
- Complete your home’s Autumn Checklist Here
- Start tracking the gift list. Use websites like CamelCamelCamel to keep an eye on the price of your gifts.
- Start your homemade gifts list. If you’re making anything homemade as gifts this year (and please, only make homemade for those who will appreciate it) it’s time to start that list.