Organising an Awesome Family Christmas Part 4
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
- First of all, it’s time to organise the guest room / the area you use to host guests.
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Begin planning Christmas decorating.
- Inventory Christmas decorations.
- Decorate your home for Autumn. Nearer to Halloween, add a few Halloween items that can be easily removed afterwards.
- Schedule house guest stays. Who’s staying where and when?
- Make a guest room welcome basket. Just a simple basket of toiletries and personal care supplies. Don’t forget to add a coffeemaker.
- Especially relevant – continue working on Christmas cards.
Planning ahead and doing a little bit at a time leaves a lot more time to enjoy the season and makes it a lot easier. You also can save money by shopping all year. If you’d like to hop aboard the crazy train with me, you’re more than welcome. Every Wednesday we’ll post a list of jobs that we’ll be working on that week in the hope of a peaceful and magical family Christmas. So go on, join me in planning ahead. As a self-confessed Christmas-a-holic, I promise it’s worth it! It’s a simple equation: maximum sparkle for minimum stress. By mid-December, you’ll have all the dull stuff ticked off.