Let’s Get Organised: Early Christmas Prep – Part 13
Though we love the process of getting ready for Christmas, it can sometimes be overwhelming and feel like one giant, stressful to-do list. But if you’re feeling swamped, fear not. We’re is on hand to offer up some handy early Christmas prep countdown organisation tips.
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
- Organise storage areas. Whether it’s attic, garage, closet or shed, take time to tidy up household storage. Storage spaces are notorious clutter zones. Since we don’t use them daily, they’re easy to ignore, until you can barely get in there, let alone find anything. It’s time to organise your space. After that, do a biannual checkup to keep this zone clutter-free
- Assess decoration and ornament storage needs.
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Finish gift shopping.
- Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Every little bit helps, so wrap ahead where possible–you’ll avoid a long, rushed session of gift wrapping!
- Package send-away gifts for mailing. Mail deadlines loom! Be ready to mail send-away gifts by the end of the week.
- Mail domestic gifts.
- It’s time to order the Christmas ham, roast or poultry.
Even if you are not the biggest fan of the festive season, it pays to be prepared for it. We are here to show you how to get ready for Christmas, without breaking a sweat. Preparation is more than half the battle in our opinion. If you know how to get ready for Christmas well in advance, then by the time the big day rolls around, you will be more chilled than a turkey in January.
What’s your plan for Christmas this year? Are you a bit of a Grinch or do you love Christmas? Do you bake and craft or are you a shop-and-ship kind of celebrator? We’d love to hear your tricks for the best way to get the most out of Christmas without breaking the bank!