Though we love the process of getting ready for Christmas, it can sometimes be overwhelming and feel like one giant, stressful to-do list. But if you’re feeling swamped, fear not. We’re is on hand to offer up some handy early Christmas prep countdown organisation tips.
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
- Clean and declutter your entrance hall: Remove clutter, clean and organise. Check the front door, clean and polish windows and brass door furnishings. Also use this as an opportunity to test outdoor lighting. Walk through the front door into your hallway or entrance. What do you see first of all? What would you like to see? Remove 5 things that don’t need to be there.
- Sort through your coats, hats, scarves etc. What can you get rid of? Tidy them and put them in a basket or drawer. Sort through your shoes. Put away any that are the wrong season and get rid of any that don’t fit or are worn out. Clean any that need it. Step outside your front door and look at it. What could you do to improve it? Does it need a plant? A wreath? A coat of paint? Or perhaps just a good sweep for the front doorstep!
- Prepare the entryway for guests. Declutter doorway storage areas so that outdoor shoes, umbrellas or keys find an attractive home. Make sure there’s extra space in the coat closet, and add spare hangers for guest’s coats.
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Inspect and inventory decorations. As early Christmas decorations come out of storage, make a quick review of what you have. Add any needed items to the shopping list.
- Begin decorating!
- Send party invitations. Send invitations early. Social calendars fill up quickly in December.
- Arrange baby-sitters.
Even if you are not the biggest fan of the festive season, it pays to be prepared for it. We are here to show you how to get ready for Christmas, without breaking a sweat. Preparation is more than half the battle in our opinion. If you know how to get ready for Christmas well in advance, then by the time the big day rolls around, you will be more chilled than a turkey in January.
What’s your plan for Christmas this year? Are you a bit of a Grinch or do you love Christmas? Do you bake and craft or are you a shop-and-ship kind of celebrator? We’d love to hear your tricks for the best way to get the most out of Christmas without breaking the bank!