The boy’s summer break from school started today, so we decided to make the most of the heatwave and make our own homemade ice cream with the Savisto ice cream maker. The lovely people over at Savisto sent over an ice cream maker from their top quality kitchen and homeware product range, for the boy and I to test out and tell you what we think.
If you’re a parent reading this, you’re probably thinking similar thoughts to what I assumed when I first heard ‘homemade ice cream’, hmm, that sounds nice. Nice being code word for more trouble than it’s worth and a lot of hassle. But, I’m pleased to tell you that my assumptions were wrong, very wrong in fact. It was super simple to make and tastes so much better than store bought, trust me. I’m typing this whilst eating my second bowl! Ha.
There are step by step set up instructions inside the box and a fabulous recipe book filled with so many ice cream and sorbet recipes, it’s incredible. The boy read it cover to cover and eventually settled on the salted caramel ice cream recipe it’s a really lovely activity to do with children, especially during the summer holidays.
It’s effortless to set up too, just wash everything in soapy water (except for the power unit, obvs) and then put the bowl in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours. We decided that we’d be keeping ours in the freezer on standby from now on, so that we’re prepared for any impromptu ice cream making sessions!
We added our salted caramel ice cream recipe mix via the chute and watched it churn until it was frozen and the desired consistency was reached, it took about 20ish minutes in total. We added some fresh strawberries et voila, easy peasy homemade ice cream!
If we’ve got you in the mood for ice cream and you’d fancy one of Savisto’s quality products for yourself, they have also offered my readers the chance to win a £50 gift voucher for their store, told you they were lovely!
This competition is now closed.
Thank you to all of you that entered, the winner has been contacted directly so be sure to check your inbox!
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Competition closes at 12am on 2nd September 2016. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is one £50 Savisto voucher.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.