Cinnamon Sugar Porridge with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 415ml milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 135g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1½ tsps cinnamon
- 30g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- a drop of vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- In a saucepan add milk, sugars, vanilla and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, return to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until porridge begins to thicken.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until just melted.
- Stir in icing sugar until combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in a little more icing sugar if glaze is too thin or a little more milk if glaze is too thick until desired consistency.
- Place desired amount of porridge in serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and then drizzle on top of that some of the cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!